Will Cochran concentrates his practice in the areas of medical malpractice defense, personal injury and vaccine litigation, and business and commercial litigation. He is admitted to practice law in all courts of the State of Tennessee, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, all courts of the State of Mississippi, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Mississippi, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, and U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
A native of Kosciusko, Mississippi, Mr. Cochran received a B.A. in biology from the University of Mississippi in 1996. He earned a J.D. from the University of Memphis in 2001. While in law school, Mr. Cochran was a member of the University of Memphis Law Review and a two-year recipient of the Cecil C. Humphreys Law Fellowship, through which he was awarded a full scholarship and served as a research assistantfor the dean of the law school.
Mr. Cochran is a graduate of the 2005 International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy and the 2004-2005 Memphis Bar Association Leadership Forum. Will Cochran has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the field of Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants since 2018. Memberships include the Memphis, Tennessee and American Bar Associations, and the Mississippi Bar Association.
- Cellular South Real Estate, Inc. v. City of Germantown, No. 2:12-cv-02888, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 80416 (W.D. Tenn., June 22, 2015)
- Neal v. First Alliance Bank, No. 13-2522, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 151451 (W.D. Tenn., Oct. 22, 2013)
- Hollis v. Travelers Indem. Co., No. 08-2350, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26395 (W.D. Tenn., March 19, 2010)
- Urlaub v. Eberle, 2011 Tenn. App. LEXIS 15 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2010)
- Richardson’s Brentwood Homes v. Town of Collierville, 2006 Tenn. App. LEXIS 323 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2006)
- Southern Sec. Fed. Credit Union v. Cumis Ins. Society, Inc., 2005 Tenn. App. LEXIS 815 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2005)
Publications and Presentations:
- “Fiduciary Fraud: An Invitation to Sue Banks,” 45 Tenn. B.J. 21, Nov. 2009
- "Damages Issues in Personal Injury Cases," Memphis Bar Association, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2017
- "Damages in Personal Injury,” NBI, Memphis, Tennessee 2015
- “Direct Examination of Expert Witnesses,” MBA Trial Academy, Memphis, Tennessee, 2013
- “Medical Causation,” TennBarU webcast, Nashville, Tennessee, 2011