Vickie Hardy Jones is an experienced attorney and a Tennessee Supreme Court Rule31 Listed Family Mediator whose practice focuses on Family Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Law, and Civil Litigation. She has been admitted to practice law in all courts of the state of Tennessee, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee. U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and U.S. Supreme Court.
Vickie earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Literature from Rhodes College in 1993 and her Juris Doctor degree from The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law in 1996. While in law school, Vickie was a Moot Court Board member and associate justice. She earned the Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence in the Study of Trial Advocacy and the Joe A. Moore Award for Outstanding Achievement in Oral Advocacy. Vickie also served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert L. Childers, Judge of the Circuit Court for the Thirtieth Judicial District.
Vickie has been recognized by Super Lawyers, Mid-South (2018-2022) and was named a fellow of the Memphis Bar Foundation (2014). She was named a member of the Memphis ADR Inn of Court (2018) and previously was in the Leo Bearman, Sr. American Inn of Court (Barrister from 2003-2005, Associate from 1997-1998, and Pupil from 1995-1996).
Vickie participated in the Leadership Memphis Executive Program (1997), served on the Board of Directors of Hannah’s Hope Adoption and Pregnancy Counseling Services (Member, 2011-2014, Chair 2012-2013), and The University of Memphis Law Alumni Board (Member, 2011 - present, Secretary-Treasurer, 2012 - 2013, President, 2014-2015).
Vickie is a member of the Memphis Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
- Spears v. Weatherall, 385 S.W.3d 547 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2012)
- Regions Financial Corporation, a Successor to Union Planters Corporation and Subsidiaries v. Marsh USA, Inc., et al., 310 S.W.3d 382 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2009)
- Fickle v. Fickle, 287 S.W.3d 723 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2008)
- Union Planters Bank, N.A. v. Cont’l Cas. Co., 478 F.3d 759 (6th Cir. 2007)
- Honeycutt v. Honeycutt, 152 S.W.3d 556 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2003)
- Hyneman v. Hyneman, 152 S.W.3d 549 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2003)
- Blackard v. Memphis Area Med. Ctr. for Women, Inc., 262 F.3d 568 (6th Cir. 2001)
- Burlew v. Burlew, 40 S.W.3d 465 (Tenn. 2001)
- Goodman v. Goodman, 8 S.W.3d 289 (Tenn. Ct. App. 1999)
Other Appellate Opinions
- S.A.M.D. v. J.P.D., W2014-01015-COA-R3-CV, 2015 Tenn. App. LEXIS 491 (Tenn. Ct. App. June 23, 2015)
- S.A.M.D. v. J.P.D., W2013-00314-COA-R3-CV, 2013 Tenn. App. LEXIS 650 (Tenn. Ct. App. Sept. 30, 2013)
- S.A.M.D. v. J.P.D., No. W2011-01256-COA-R3-CV, 2012 Tenn. App. LEXIS 737 (Tenn. Ct. App. Oct. 25, 2012)
- Kline v. Club 616, Inc., No. W2009-01599-COA-R3-CV, 2010 Tenn. App. LEXIS 728 (Tenn. Ct. App. Nov. 23, 2010)
- Rafieetary v. Rafieetary, No. W2003-00121-COA-R3-CV, 2004 Tenn. App. LEXIS 301 (Tenn. Ct. App. Apr. 29, 2004)
- McAlexander v. McAlexander, No. W2001-02550-COA-R3-CV, 2003 Tenn. App. LEXIS 681 (Tenn. Ct. App. Sept. 15, 2003)
- In re: Guardianship of Tatum, No. W2001-00859-COA-R3-CV, 2002 Tenn. App. LEXIS 100 (Feb. 4, 2002)
- Day v. Day, No. M2001-01624-COA-R9-CV, 2002 Tenn. App. LEXIS 4 (Tenn. Ct. App. Jan.4, 2002)
- Berger v. O’Brien, W1999-00861-COA-R3-CV, 2001 Tenn. App. LEXIS 493 (Tenn. Ct. App. Jul.11, 2001), costs and fees proceeding at Berger v. O’Brien, 2003 Tenn. App. LEXIS 880 (Tenn. Ct. App., Dec. 8, 2003)
- Totty v. Totty, W1999-02426-COA-R3-CV, 2000 Tenn. App. LEXIS 294 (Tenn. Ct. App. May 2, 2000)
- McDonald v. Cowan, W1998-00730-COA-R3-CV, 2000 Tenn. App. LEXIS 26 (Tenn. Ct. App. Jan. 19, 2000)
- Daly v. Daly, W2017-02549-COA-R3-CV, 2020 Tenn. App. LEXIS 233 (Tenn. Ct. App. May 26, 2020)
- Cowan v. Cowan, W2019-00179-COA-R3-CV, 2020 Tenn. App. LEXIS 180 (Tenn. Ct. App. Apr. 24, 2020)